If you are looking for the Best Vegan Restaurants in Mexico, in this post we share a summary of the best vegan restaurants in the main Mexican cities written by different vegan travelers and bloggers.
I have been living in Mexico for the past 7 years, in Cancun and I have traveled around Mexico for almost a year and now going in and out the country, trying to know more and more areas every time.
As I moved I am collecting information on vegan and vegan-friendly places in many different cities and I want to share them with you now.
Also, I am including posts from other travelers who liked me have been around the country and are kindly sharing their thoughts here.
Feel free to write in if you have something to say as well, if you have a question or if you just want to say HI!
I would love to hear your thoughts. Bon Apetit!
PS. Please mind that this is a work in progress so I will continue to update the page with more cities and tips. 🙂
VEGAN RESTAURANTS IN XALAPA
Here is my review of the best vegan and veggie-friendly options in Xalapa, the vibrant capital city of Veracruz state, also called the Athena of Mexico.
READ THE FULL POST HERE.
VEGAN RESTAURANTS IN PUERTO VALLARTA
I lived in Puerto Vallarta for more than A month and I have tried almost all the vegan and vegetarian restaurants in town. Here I have posted my reviews hoping that they might come handy.
You can read the full post here.
VEGAN OPTIONS IN QUERETARO
I have spent a week in Queretaro, literally eating my way around the city.
It was a culinary bliss. The quaint historical city is so full of vegan-friendly restaurants and delicious plates that you will be really surprised to see.
The huge variety of delicious options, which I have tried one by one, inspired me to write a full post, that you can read here.
VEGAN OPTIONS IN MERIDA
I wished I had found this enlightening guide on the vegan restaurants in Merida, before my trip to the white city.
Sam and Zab from Indefinite Adventure travel blog offer a very insightful guide on all the restaurants that they have tried that offer vegan options or are entirely vegan.
Super useful if you venture out to explore the colonial capital of Yucatan and are seeking for vegan options.
VEGAN OPTIONS IN GUANAJUATO
The charming city of Guanajuato offers a huge variety of restaurants to please every palate, with both local specialties and international dishes.
Vegan options are also available although not in large quantity as I would expect in such a cosmopolitan city.
Here I am offering you a review of the options I have found and tried while visiting this charming colonial city. Click here to go to the post on vegan restaurants in Guanajuato.
VEGAN RESTAURANTS IN SAN CRISTOBAL DE LAS CASAS
Here we are again with Sam and Zab from Indefinite Adventure travel blog who are coming with such good timing as I am going to San Cristobal in a month.
Their exhaustive guide on the vegan restaurants in San Cristobal will definitely spare me some time in searching for vegan food.
I can’t wait to get to the capital city of Chiapas and explore the colorful region.
Knowing about vegan options makes me even more excited to try the local food.
VEGAN OPTIONS IN MEXICO CITY
They did such an amazing job in reviewing about 20 restaurants besides mentioning all the other options even if they didn’t try.
In their post, you can also check out the address and a useful map so that you can find easily your way around your meals.
I almost regret not having included Mexico city in my itinerary. I would go just for the vegan restaurants now.
VEGAN RESTAURANTS IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN
Justin and Lauren from JustinplusLauren.com went on a last-minute trip to Playa del Carmen, to relax and unwind.
Well, I am sure they had a great time while exploring all the delicious vegan restaurants in the city.
The outcome is this spectacular and comprehensive guide to where to eat in Playa del Carmen, for veggie lovers.
I have lived closed to Playa del Carmen for a long time and I have never known about those places, so I will use it as well when I go back home. Enjoy! (photo credit Justin and Lauren)
FOR FURTHER READING
- Vegetarian and Vegan Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
- How to stay vegan in Mexico while traveling
- The Best Vegan Restaurants in Mexico
- Healthy plant-based restaurant options in Rio de Janeiro
- Vegan Restaurants in Xalapa
Your Basic Travel Resources
- Book your transfers between destinations on the trusted booking platform Bookaway
- Store your bags in the main cities and walk around freely hands and weight free with Bounce
- Check if you need a visa and get help processing it with iVisa
- Never ever leave without travel insurance. Get complete coverage from World Nomads or long term insurance from Safety Wing
- I find all of my flights on Skyscanner, Kiwi.com, Google flights, Scott’s Cheap Flights, and always remember to compare
- Book your daily tours locally to support local businesses, or if you don’t find any reliable company, or you prefer to book in advance, check out GetYourGuide or Viator. Some of their tours are refundable up to 24h in advance.
- I rent my long and mid-term apartments on VRBO
- Book hotels with Booking.com or Hotels.com
- Compare car rental prices at Auto Europe, Discover Car Rentals
- Check out my travel planning guide if you are planning your trip and feeling overwhelmed