I was coming from my trip to the waterfall and the taxi driver insisted that I should visit this place. I couldn’t thank him enough for taking me to the Hacienda San Bartolo.
That place is magic! I am sure it’s not only the best in xico but one of the most charming in the entire State of Veracruz. The room decorations show the love the owners put in this resort, such attention in each and every detail, the color combinations, the rustic and yet elegant cozy style, and my favorite, the paintings on the wall had a motivational phrase on them.
But there is more to it. Once you enter you are wrapped into a bundle of good and positive energy. It’s a place where you will want to go and never go away from.
Perfect for chill out and be with your own self or your beloved ones. It’s surrounded by a lush and green countryside and they also have their own waterfall that you can reach from the hotel at a 20 minutes walking distance. beside it is located also very close to the other main waterfall Texolo. The service is impeccable, friendly and discreet at the same time.
I met with the manager, Norma, a rare happy and kindhearted woman, in love with the place as much as me.
We shared the same feelings we have for the hacienda San Bartolo and we felt like we have known each other for ever. I felt so blessed to be able to meet this likeminded passionate people and visit such a beautiful blessed place.
Oh I forgot, they also have a massage room, a temazcal and a sauna, a smakl swimming pool and a huge garden terrace overlooking the entire valley.
They have a nicely decorated restaurant serving local food, which unfortunately I didn’t have the pleasure to try. The tables are located under a porch overlooking a well attended private garden and pool.
The hotel personnel can help you organize your tours and make sure you have an unforgettable stay.
The rates are very reasonable considering what you are getting from staying there. I totally recommend it and I hope I will be able to go back myself 🙂
DISCLAIMER- This is not a paid sponsorship.
FOR FURTHER READING
- Store your bags in the main cities and walk around freely hands and weight free with Bounce
- Check if you need a visa and get help processing it with iVisa
- Never ever leave without
travel insurance. Get complete coverage from World Nomads or long term insurance from Safety Wing
- I find all of my flights on Skyscanner, Kiwi.com, Google flights, Scott’s Cheap Flights, and always remember to compare
- Book your daily tours locally to support local businesses, or if you don’t find any reliable company, or you prefer to book in advance, check out GetYourGuide or Viator. Some of their tours are refundable up to 24h in advance.
- I rent my long and mid-term apartments on VRBO
- Book hotels with Booking.com or Hotels.com
- Compare car rental prices at Discover Car Rentals
- Check out my travel planning guide if you are planning your trip and feeling overwhelmed